Research shows that about half of all dog owners make a New Year’s resolution for their canine bestie.
- Sign up for pet insurance – Pet insurance options are becoming better and easier than ever to purchase. This is a great way to budget for the upcoming year by providing the best healthcare for your dog, while saving money on veterinary expenses.
- Exercise – Spend more time exploring the world and make a resolution to walk your dog daily. Exercise is crucial in maintaining your pets weight and doing it together is a great way to bond.
- Feed a Healthier Diet and Treats – Obesity is a real epidemic in dogs and is the cause of many potentially long term health issues. Overfeeding of treats can contribute a large amount to total calorie intake. Pet experts recommend that treats should not exceed ten percent of a dogs daily diet. Try some homemade treats or healthy snacks like carrots and apples. Don’t give table scraps, buy a good quality dog food, and measure portions.
- Attend Training Classes – Your dog doesn’t have to be rambunctious to attend training classes. They love challenges and training classes are a great way to keep their minds stimulated. Your dog will have a great time learning and bonding with you. Training experts even recommend a refresher course every couple of years.
- Spend more quality time with your dog – More quality time will enrich their environment and life, so go on more adventures with your dog. It can be as simple as a car ride, a visit to a pet store or a walk on the beach. Whatever you do make more time to cuddle, play and bond.